Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe with CBD Oil
This is a delicious, easy to make peanut butter dog treats recipe with CBD Oil. You can use the CBD oil you have purchased online for both the human and animal labeling. They are one and the same.
You will just need to be aware of the milligrams per bottle and do your mathematical adjustments. For the sake of this recipe, we will do a 2 mg active ingredient per cookie.
Tools you will need: Digital scale that is set to grams, 5 ml + 1 ml plastic syringe, small round cookie cutter, mixing bowl with dough hook attachment, sheet pan with parchment paper, and a rolling pin.
For the peanut butter, buy an all-natural peanut butter that has no Xylitol sweetener. This can be poisonous to your pet and can cause seizures and liver failure.
Yield: Approx 5 dozen cookies
400 g Wheat Flour
125 g Oats
125 g Peanut Butter
420 g Water
80 g Honey
3.25 ml CBD Oil (500 mg 1 oz bottle) or 6.5 ml (500 mg 2 oz. bottle)
7 g Salt
- Put water, peanut butter, honey and salt in microwave proof bowl. Set on 1-2 minutes on high or until warm. Whisk to blend together. Add the CBD Oil and whisk again well to homogenize.
- Mix the what flour and the oats together and pour into mixing bowl that is fitted with a dough hook attachment.
- Add the wet to the dry until a ball forms.
- Preheat oven to 325*F
- Wrap and chill dough at least one hour to relax the dough.
- Lightly put the dough on a floured surface. Roll to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Make sure that the cookie cutter you use will yield an 18 g cookie. You may need to do a couple test cuts to check the weight.
- Place cookies on parchment lined sheet pans and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Once cookies have fully cooled, store in an airtight container. You can also store this in the fridge for a longer shelf life.
Pro tip: You can leave the cookies in the oven overnight to continue the drying process as the oven starts to cool off. This will give you a longer shelf life.
During Covid-19 and shelter in place orders, we hope you and your family, including the dog enjoyed making this peanut butter dog treats recipe with CBD Oil! And–here’s another bonus recipe on video: How to Make Dog Treats with CBD Oil that will freshen up your dog’s breath.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE More From Author
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- May 05, 2017
- Jun 19, 2017
- Jun 30, 2017